Students can register online with AAT Sri Lanka by following the process given below.
Obtaining a Student’s Guide
The Student’s Guide is a comprehensive manual that contains details about AAT Sri Lanka, the AAT qualification, Examination structures, information on how to register, details on exemptions and education service providers, amongst other key information. The Guide is compulsorily required for registration as it contains the application forms for registration and exemptions. Students applying off-line must purchase the Guide.
You may obtain the Students’ Guide:
- Coming over to the Student’s Service Centre of AAT Sri Lanka during office hours (8.30 a.m. - 4.45 p.m and Saturday 9.00 a.m. - 4.00 p.m) and paying Rs. 100/- in cash
- Obtaining by post
The following must be sent via post to AAT Sri Lanka
- A money order for Rs. 240/- drawn in favour of the ‘Association of Accounting Technicians of Sri Lanka’, payable at the Narahenpita Post Office, along with a self-addressed envelope (12” x 10”) indicating the required medium (English / Sinhala / Tamil)
- Obtaining the student guide from Accredited Education Centers (AECs; a registered tuition partner, authorized to conduct classes for AAT Examinations)
The duly completed Registration Application Form should be handed over to the AAT office or sent via registered post to ‘Head (Registration & Membership), AAT Sri Lanka,’ together with the following;
- A photocopy of your Birth Certificate.
- Certified copies of your Educational Certificates (for certification details, please read the reverse of the Registration Application Form).
The Original Certificates must be stamped by the Principal / Deputy Principal of the Educational Institute and the stamp must contain the Principal’s / Deputy Principal’s name.
- The Depositor’s Copy (Original) of the Pay-In-Voucher for the Registration Fee.
Please note that this fee must be paid at any branch of NSB or HNB. Photocopies of the Voucher will not be accepted.
- Two passport size colour photographs (2” x 2¼”). Your name and NIC number must be written on the reverse of each photograph.
- Two self-addressed and stamped (Rs. 15/-) envelopes (9” x 5”).
The aforementioned documents must be received at the AAT office before the Closing Dates of Registration for each examination. Students should not that the registration form must be filled in and sent, regardless of which method of registration is chosen (if application is done off-line, the application enclosed in the Students’ Guide must be filled).
Closing Dates of Registration
You may register as a student of AAT Sri Lanka at any time. However, with regard to registration for AAT’s January or July Examinations, the following closing dates are applicable;
January Examination - Before the 31st of July
July Examination - Before the 31st of January
Student Identity Card
Once you have sent in your registration and your registration is approved, you will be issued a Student Identity Card. Upon receipt of your Student ID Card, you must place your usual signature on the space provided.
- If the Student Identity Card is lost or misplaced, you may obtain a duplicate upon payment of a fee of Rs.100/- along with a request letter.
- You must use a clear signature and initials separately, as and wherever required.
- Students must note that, merely registering as a student alone, will not enable them to sit for AAT examinations - The completed Examination Application Forms must be sent in before the stipulated date.
- Applicants will be registered strictly according to their name as appearing on their Birth Certificate. Any amendment to that name will be accepted only if it is endorsed on the Birth Certificate and duly certified by the District Registrar of Births.